Friday, June 27, 2008

June 27th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Let the Spirit blow through.

Readings of the Day
Mark 8.22-9.1-Give up my life for Life with Christ.
2 Samuel 20-21-David becomes too old for the battle and must place faith in his troops.
Hosea 1.1-2.1-God wants me to be faithful to Him.
Galatians 5.7-12-Don't let confusion cause you to turn away from God.

God's Word of the Day
Don't be confused in your sin. Turn to Me, give Me your life, for I forgive and restore and make new.

Story of the Day
The waves were consistent. They washed up onto the shore. The sand moved in and out. The waves so constant that it seemed punishing to anything that lay on the beach. But really the waves moving and the sanding flowing in and out were polishing to perfection the shell that lay on the beach.

The warrior had become old and was a risk in the battle. The waves of his work had polished him to perfection, but the constancy of war had worn him down. But, oh what value he brought to the young troops in his old age. He was the one they would come to for strategy in the battle. The old warrior taught and supported the young men. He gave them all he had. He gave them the experience of his life. He gave them the results of the waves of his life of work. The spirit of all the work of his life blew through him to the young troops. He gave his life to them.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as the waves of life wear me down. Help me to realize that I must focus on You and not on myself. Give me the vision to see what You are doing in me. Lead me to give my life away to gain Life in You. When I think the waves are wearing me down, help me to see that You are polishing me up for service in Your Kingdom. Show me the forgiveness I need for those sins I openly confess and those sins that I'm not aware of. Make me Yours, that I may give my life to those You lead me to give it up to. Let Your Spirit blow through me in rhythm with You will and Your way that others may see You in me. ---Amen

No comments: