Friday, June 06, 2008

June 6th- Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Sometimes you just need to be with one another.

Readings of the Day
Romans 11.25-36-The depth and riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God is beyond anything I can fathom.
1 Samuel 21-22-Gather with the outcast and stand against the evils of the day.
Psalm 66-God is with you in the fire and goes through the fire with you. He goes through the water with you and brings you to a spacious place.
Acts 28.1-10-Though snakes may bite, stay with the people and do the work of the Lord.

God's Word of the Day
Be with My people and do the work I have given you to do.

Story of the Day
Once while walking along the path of life, I discovered how alone I had become. As I continued to walk along, I began to meet people. These people were the people that others had forgotten. They were people that were cast out by the common crowd. I knew, deep inside that I was to walk the path of life along side of these people. Together with these people we grew in faith, we grew in love. Together we began to care for each other. At first, I thought I was caring for them. And I was caring and loving them all along this path of life. But as we progressed, I began to realize that I was also being cared for me in and through these forgotten people. Then the path came to an end.

As we all looked up we saw a stream running parallel to a large row of tall trees. Beyond the trees we could see a Great Light streaming through the trees. Knowing that this Great Light was something much beyond our knowledge and understanding we were drawn to walk towards this Light. But our approach to this Great Light gave us the understanding that even though we are the outcast people, the Light will lead us through the water, the Light will lead us through the wilderness, and the Light would reveal to us a spacious place to unite at once the outcast people and the Great Light in a Love much greater than anyone could ever imagine.

So we continue our walk together, through the fires and trials of the path of life, through the waters and streams and through the wilderness. We continue our walk in faith and hope and knowledge of this vision of a spacious place in unity with the Great Light. But along the way, we see the Great Light by our sides giving direction and comfort and love...all along this path of life.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, unite me with the outcast in Your Love and lead us to Your Light. ---Amen

No comments: