Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Sometimes I search for something that is right where I am.

Readings of the Day
Mark 4.1-20-Be the good soil that hears the Word and produces abundant fruit.
2 Samuel 9-10-David brings Mephibosheth under his table in honor of Jonathan.
Daniel 5-Daniel interprets the "writing on the wall" for the king.
Luke 6.12-19-Jesus comes near to the people and heals.

God's Word of the Day
I AM nearer to you than you think, calling, healing, teaching and loving you.

Story of the Day
It was a wonderfully simple pen. It was clear so that you could see the amount of ink that was in the pen. It was comfortable to hold and easy to operate. It had a clip that held it into your pocket to carry it around. The pen only became useful when it gave of itself from the very center. The pen was only useful when ink flowed from it's center to the page. When the ink flowed freely, many wonderful messages could be recorded for future or current use. And oh what messages flowed. This pen was used to record the activities of God in the life of one of His children. This pen recorded entries of faith and stories of love in the journal of a child of God.

The ink flowed freely from the center of the pen. Many wonderful messages of God's love were recorded. God is nearer than you think. Let His ink of Love flows freely. Spread the message with His Ink of Love.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, may I sit at Your table and converse with You over some food. Feed me that bread. Feed me that wine. Fill me with Your Love. Fill me to the core of my being. Call me, heal me, and let Your hand place the writing on my heart that I may go out and serve you and the ones you give to me in love in Your awesome Kingdom this day. ---Amen

No comments: