Friday, June 20, 2008

June 20th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Life is a balancing act.

Readings of the Day
Mark 5.1-20-Jesus heals a man from demons and the man leaves proclaiming to all how much Jesus had done for him.
2 Samuel 13-Sin produces violence and more sin in a destructive cycle.
Daniel 7-Earthly kingdoms come and go but the Kingdom of God is eternal.
Acts 5.17-26-God releases you from prison to go and proclaim to the whole people His message.

God's Word of the Day
I have healed you, I have forgiven you, I have saved you, I have called you, now I send you.

Story of the Day
The mist rose above the open field that early morning. This mist seemed to take on some type of human quality, yet something mysteriously more, even a spiritual or godly quality. The mist began to move about the open field towards the corn field. Then the mist drifted through the corn field as if it was feeding the corn some special message. Then the rows of corn began to sway as if in a strong wind. It seemed that after the mist had moved through the corn field that the corn had now come alive and was celebrating and proclaiming some important message. As the corn on one end of the field where the mist first moved began to wave, the wave was sort of transferred to more corn. So as the mist moved and the corn waved the noise of all the movement became louder and louder. Finally at some point the entire field of corn was waving and moving and making a joyous noise of some sort seemingly in praise to the new found life that the moving mist had freely given.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know that I sin and need Your forgiveness. I repent of my sin and ask forgiveness. Release me from this sinful prison I'm in. Move Your Spirit of life in and through me this day. Bring the balance to my life that only You can provide. Take away the demons of sin and make me right in Your sight. Mold me into what You would have me be. Send me out into Your Kingdom. Oh, how I will run and tell all of what You have done for me. Oh, the wonderful noise I will make to Your glory! Oh, how I love You! ---Amen

No comments: