Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Friends come in all shapes, sizes, colors and manners of being.

Readings of the Day
Mark 2-In bringing a friend to Christ for healing; go to any extent.
2 Samuel 4-5-Call out to God for the direction you need to take.
Daniel 2.24-49-A kingdom is made up of many and various gifts and functions that must be combined and used in harmony for success to be realized.
Matthew 9.35-10.23-Disciples are combined in odd pairing and given gifts to go into the Kingdom to do the will of God.

Story of the Day
As we approached the entrance to the fair, I looked around. I could see others, similar to myself, yet in other ways very different. Some of them had long tails, others had their tails cut short. Their were others that were way way larger than me and still others that were teeny tiny. Some of them had funny hats placed on them by their master. Some had even had goggles put on them. Some were white, some were brown, others black and some were all sorts of combinations of white, brown, grey. Some of these guys had straight hair, some curly, some long, some short. Their noses were usually either black or brown, but every now and then I would see one with a pink nose. Seeing all these guys together was really exciting. I love to see so many different friends of mine all together.

I couldn't help myself. I began to yell out to all the other guys to tell them I was here too. I leaped up and down off all fours as high as I could because of all my excitement. Here I was together with the friends that I love even if I didn't know all of them. Here I was together with my friends and their loyal masters who loved each and every one of us. We all accepted and loved each other for how different we were from one another. Even when I did see some guy like myself, he had enough differences in me that we could celebrate our differences. It's so much fun to be unique in my own way. It's great to be different, yet still loved so much by my masters and the others who saw me that day at the fair.

When I think about it, I would do anything for the well being of these friends of mine. If one of them were sick, I would see to it that they would get to that healer guy in that tile floored office. That guy can make anyone feel better. Even though, when I go to him, I'm very scared and afraid, I know in another way the comfort he brings and he will take care of me. I would get my sick friend to him any way I could. Even if I had to break through my yard and take that shock, I would do it for one of these friends of mine. Then we would go to that healer guy and call out to him as loud as I could for what direction to take next with my friend.

I'm sure the healer guy could fix us up and then send us out. Maybe he even sends all of us friends out, different from each other as we are to go and tell through all the world that if we get in trouble, we can come to him. To tell all these friends of mine that if they are in trouble, the healer guy would come and find us all one by one if we but trust that he will. This guy is really neat, he's one of the best of those master type people I've ever seen. Together, me and my friends will tell all the world about him.

But for now, I'm grabbing one of my funny buddies and we'll leap and run to that Milk Bone booth and do a couple of tricks for those master guys. Maybe I'll even do my "Praise the Lord" trick for them. They really like that one!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, pair me up with one or two of Your other unique disciples to be sent out to tell the world of all You have done. I am your anxious child and You are my master. ---Amen

No comments: