Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
God feeds my body and my soul.

Readings of the Day
Mark 5.21-43-Reach out to Jesus, He will heal, He will give new life.
2 Samuel 14-Reconcile with one another.
Daniel 8-See the vision God gives proclaim His glory.
Psalm 69.7-18-God in His steadfast love and at the right time rescues and saves us from our sinful self.

God's Word of the Day
At just the right time I will rescue you from yourself and your enemies. I always care for your needs.

Story of the Day
The two men had a disagreement. Then the fight broke out. Angry words were said. Tempers flared and all hell broke loose. Items thrown about. Glass broken and used as weapons, punches were thrown and blood flowed freely. Most of the crowd backed away to watch. But there was this child present. A fearless child in an adult world. The child leaped into the fight between the two men. The child was injured in his attempt to break the fight. But at the child's presence and at his touch something miraculous occurred. The blood flow stopped! The fight immediately ceased. Everyone stood in awe of what this child had done. Even the wounds of the men healed. This child risked his life for the life of two men who by the thoughts of all present deserved death themselves. The men were trying to kill each other. But the touch of this child changed it all. Instead of death to the men, the men now had new life. All in the touch of a child. All in his touch at just the right moment. A child who risked his life for the life of the two men.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, you know how I can lose my temper. You know how sin can so quickly rule in my being. How I can let my sinful, selfish self go out of control. Reach out and touch me as I reach out in faith to touch You. May our touches meet in the faith You have provided. For You alone are my hope and salvation. You alone are the one to save me from myself. You alone save me from evil and sin. Help me to reconcile in love and forgiveness to your children in my world. Hear my plea. Give me the vision to see what You would have me do and the love and compassion and spirit to carry it all out in Your glorious name. ---Amen

No comments: