Monday, June 09, 2008

June 9th-Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Put on the knowledge of Christ and go into the Kingdom.

Readings of the Day
Romans 14-Don't live for yourself, live for God.
1 Samuel 26-God blesses and protects you so that you can do what is right.
Psalm 69-God will help in time of need.
Leviticus 15.25-31; 22.1-9-Repent and cleanse yourself before God and one another then bring offerings to God.

God's Word of the Day
I give knowledge and understanding to you so that you can know your sin and turn to Me. Repent, and receive the blessings I have for you then go and serve in My Kingdom.

Story of the Day
A disease had struck the city. A disease that spread quickly. Many people became infected and sick. Only those who recognized the symptoms of the disease and turned for help quickly were able to continue on. These were the ones who became well and were the same ones who would serve others who had come down with this very same disease.

As the people who were well served those who were ill, it became apparent that the real knowledge resided in knowing what to look out for and how to quickly turn for help from one another in healing. People needed each other to survive. Once they began to heal, there were more and more to help. Those healing together and with one another began to grow. Those who could help began to grow in numbers. Finally the community began to recover from the illness. No, the disease never completely went away, but as people became ill, there were more and more people able to help in the healing.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, help me to recognize the disease of sin within myself. I turn to You and plead forgiveness. I turn to my neighbor and seek forgiveness. Bless me and send me this day into Your Kingdom to work with other sinners to Your glory. ---Amen

No comments: