Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Be connected in a relationship of love.

Readings of the Day
Mark 3.1-19-Jesus heals when it is unexpected and calls the disciples.
2 Samuel 6-In all fear and reverence in honor of the Lord, David dances his heart out in praise to God.
Daniel 3-Faith tested by the fire, the three men are united in relationship with the saving grace of God's protective angel, even in the midst of the fire.
Joshua 1.1-11-In three days you are to cross over the Jordan. God fulfills His promise, so be bold and go forward confident in His blessing.

God's Word of the Day
I have blessed you and given you a promise. Go forward with me and those I give to you, confident in My Grace and Love to lead and guide you.

Story of the Day
I was afraid to jump off of that diving board into the pool below. I was afraid of the fall. I was afraid that I would panic under water and not find my way to the surface of the water. I was afraid I would freeze on that board and be embarrassed by my cowardice in front of friends and especially in front of those about to dive right behind me.

But on I went, up the ladder and to the board. I saw the person in front of me jump. But when it was my turn there was some hesitation. Then I ran off the board. As I fell into the water, I held my breath as if for the very last time. Then the water and the eerie silence. The confusion, then then the sense to head to the top of the water. When I surfaced, all it seemed I could hear were the noises of children happy at play. It was a wonderful sound to hear. There was new life for me now. Coming out of the water, I thought about my discovery. What I had feared the most, now was fun. The excitement of doing it again set in. So back to that board I went ready to run and jump again. Even though I was reverent in fear, I was happy with the excitement of having been given the confidence it takes to take the plunge.

Jesus heals and calls some disciples. David dances before the ark in joy. Some men in faith go through the fire and find salvation. In three days the Israelites cross over into the Promised Land. In three days...Jesus leaves the tomb. We have been blessed. Take the plunge and join in on the excitement of Love.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I see how You join me in relationship to You, and to one another. Sometimes it's scary. But I place my hope and faith in Your Love. Here I go to jump. ---Amen

No comments: