Friday, June 13, 2008

June 13th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Return to work in full strength and live.

Readings of the Day
Mark 1.1-20-God calls and chooses many. Respond to His call and live.
2 Samuel 2.1-3.1-Sometimes leadership changes bring struggle.
Daniel 1-Follow God's plan and live.
Acts 7.35-43-Listen to His Word and follow.

God's Word of the Day
I will choose, call and use My people. Be attentive and follow My lead.

Story of the Day
The forest was alive with activity. But this activity was of a different kind. The animals were nervous and scurrying about. They had a sense about them that was about to avoid disaster. Then the lightening struck. And the fire began. Since the animals were active they knew it was time to move. So they did. The forest was about to renew itself. In the burning and death of the trees, new life would spring from the ashes in the soil. New life and the animals would return and build new homes. The animals were wise enough to hear the call that danger was at hand. The animals listened to the heartbeat of nature and responded. Then new life and the return. All in the call and the listening.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I hear and read the stories of so many people You have chosen, gifted and filled with Your blessings. You use people to fulfill that new life in the death of sin. May I hear Your call and follow Your lead this day that new life may spring out of the ashes of death. Bring life out of my death to my sinful self and live in me this day. ---Amen

No comments: