Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February 10th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Life

Readings of the Day
Exodus 30:11-31:18-...tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
Matthew 26:47-68-They answered, "He deserves death."
Psalm 32:1-11-Happy are those whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Proverbs 8:27-32-When he established the heavens I was there...
Acts 15:36-41-Come, let us return and visit the believers in every city where we proclaimed the word of the Lord and see how they are doing.

God's Word of the Day
I part the waters and give life. I give life.

Story of the Day
If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would never have believed it! We were on such a long journey to this distant planet. As we approached the planet, you could tell that there was no life on it. It was bare and void of any signs of water. The sun scorched the surface and it was pitted with craters. But then it seemed to appear out of the midst of the surface. Water began to bubble up from the surface of the planet. Huge clouds formed and completely covered the planet only allowing the sun to peek through the breaks in the clouds. It was as if the water below was separated from the water above. Then life! Life began to form before my very eyes. As if I were watching time fly, I saw what appeared to be hundreds of years pass by with each second. Plant life and animal life formed between the water above and the water below. Then some separation of the water below and ground appeared. There was a separation in the clouds and the climate warmed. Still water above and water below. People began to walk the ground and multiply. People lived, and people also learned evil. People began to destroy. Then I saw death. But then it happened once again to my disbelief.

The very creator of the water above and the water below, the creator of this in-between the waters space of life, broke through and inhabited the space between the waters. The creator became like the creature. The creator rose out of the water below and the water above parted and a voice spoke; "This is my Son, listen to him!" So I listened in. This Son came to restore the life intended in this space of life between the waters below and the waters above. This Son came and gave His life to recreate the life that was destroyed in the wickedness of death brought forth by the creature. And the space between the water below and the water above began to be filled with a Spirit of life that spread and grew between the creatures. All because of the Creator's Son who gave life once again. Gave life once again to the creatures in the space between the water below and the water above. And I realized that I had just seen Earth. In a few seconds I had witnessed the love of God saving his creation on the planet Earth through his Son, Jesus Christ, the Messiah.

Prayer of the Day
Lord with Your awesome creative finger, You gave life. You brought life out of chaos. You brought life out of sin. You brought life out of death. You brought life to me. You brought life to the Church. You brought life as I came out of the waters beneath to face the waters above in my baptism, I see the Light and the Spirit of God, living in and through me day after day. Teach me to hear Your Voice and to follow Your Light and to do Your will, today, tomorrow and forever, in this space of life between the waters beneath and the waters above. ---Amen

No comments: