Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Spontaneous work

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 14:1-57-The priest shall make atonement on his behalf and he shall be clean.
Mark 6:30-56-As he went ashore, he saw a great crowd; and he had compassion for them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach them many things.
Psalm 40:1-10-He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.
Proverbs 10:11-12-The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life...
Hebrews 2:1-4-Therefore we must pay greater attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it.

God's Word of the Day
Listen and pay attention for My Word is righteous and a fountain of life.

Story of the Day
I wondered why the Veterinarian would ever stop. As I was driving along the interstate, I saw a Veterinarian stopped by the side of the rode. He was nursing a coyote which had been struck and wounded by a car. These animals had been nothing but a nuisance in the area, yet this Vet stopped to heal the animal and place it back into nature. It just didn't make much sense to me.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, you take the leprous man, the lame, the blind, the diseased, the sinful, and so many other cast offs from society under Your arms and heal them, change them and call them to bear fruit. You call then to spread good seed. You change the rotten fruit of sin and cause me to bear the good fruit of love. Your Word is righteous and You bathe me in a fountain of life. Take me this day, healed and forgiven and call me in friendship to live and love the friends You place in my path, that they may see the Love of Christ. Hear my praise or Lord; hear my new song today! ---Amen

No comments: