Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Renewal

Readings of the Day
Exodus 32:1-33:23-The tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, engraved upon the tablets.
Matthew 26:69-27:14-When Judas, his betrayer, saw that Jesus was condemned, he repented and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders.
Psalm 33:1-11-For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.
Proverbs 8:33-36-For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD...
Psalm 102:12-28-But you, O LORD, are enthroned forever; your name endures to all generations.

God's Word of the Day
I AM Creator - I AM

Story of the Day
At first I was divided. I was used to adorn and make beautiful. I enhanced the beauty of the female. Then there came the command or the word. They threw all of my divided parts together and heated them up and reshaped me into an animal. Then they all came together and bowed down and worshipped me, as the creator of all things. I didn't create a thing! You created me! You created me and bound my into one confined space and shaped me as a living thing. I wasn't in the form of a living thing before!? And now you must think I live. Well I don't! And I don't like what you have done to me! I used to enhance the beauty of the female. Now I can do nothing. Yet you worship me? You bow down to me as your creator? You are a bunch of fools! Listen to me! You are a bunch of fools to worship what you have created!

Then it happened! Anger from above. Anger from a man that had met with the real Creator of it all. And I was ground up and thrown into the water. The people would drink the water and I would enter their body and flow out of it. How disgusting! This whole thing wasn't about me! It was about these fools who tried to take me and confine me and make me into a God they could control the shape of and worship in whatever way they chose. Fools!

Years later one of my cousins was used to betray the Creator. My cousin was used in trade for valuable things or services. The fools worshipped him also! Then he was taken back and thrown down at the feet of those who tried to confine the Creator once again. Fools! You can't make God into what you want. He makes you into what He wants! Don't you get it? Fools!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I stop, I pause, I listen. Make me into what You would have me be. From Your Word I can stand firm. You are the one enthroned in my life forever. You alone are my God! ---Amen

No comments: