Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Victory

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 7:28-9:6-Then Moses took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood that was on the altar and sprinkled them on Aaron and his vestments, and also on his sons and their vestments.
Mark 3:31-4:25-Other seed fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirty and sixty and a hundredfold.
Psalm 37:12-29-Our steps are made firm by the LORD, when he delights in our way; though we stumble, we shall not fall headlong, for the LORD holds us by the hand.
Proverbs 10:9-A child who gathers in summer is prudent...
1 Kings 11:26-40-Yet to his son I will give one tribe, so that my servant David may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I have chosen to put my name.

God's Word of the Day
I anoint you, I walk with you, I sprinkle My blood on you; now go and be prudent and tell all of My deeds of love and grace and the Light that shines forever.

Story of the Day
We rode our bike to the trails that ran by the river. Up and down the hills of the trails, our bikes flying through the air, we had a blast that day. Stopping by the river to make a raft out of limbs and rope we floated down the river. That day was a fun summer day. I formed a bond with my best friend that day. So we made a pact that we would always be friends. We would be there through the hard times for the other. We would never part throughout all of life. We even sprinkled a little blood on the ground from each of our fingers uniting out blood as one with the ground of this place. We united in brotherly love for life.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I become one with You in the blood You shed on the ground of Jerusalem. You became the sacrifice offered. You came and united with me in the very life of the blood of flesh. I give You all the glory and thanks. I praise You for the pact You graciously gave to me and the world. Make my faith and love sprout and grow with Your blood feeding my seed of faith in good soil, that I will proclaim Your glory all my days. ---Amen

No comments: