Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Assist

Readings of the Day
Exodus 34:1-35:9-Although this is a stiff-necked people, pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for your inheritance.
Matthew 27:15-31-His blood be on us and on our children!
Psalm 33:12-22-From where he sits enthroned he watches all the inhabitants of the earth-- he who fashions the hearts of them all, and observes all their deeds.
Proverbs 9:1-6-Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed.
Leviticus 13:1-17-The priest shall make an examination...

God's Word of the Day
I have examined your sin. Repent and turn to Me.

Story of the Day
I flew in that day and perched on this little sign towards the top of this cross. There was a man below me that was in pain and agony. He was dying. Yet there was something special about this man. I could feel his power. It was as if rays of light were penetrating my wings and going into my body. As I looked over the people present, I saw all sorts. Some with condemning faces. Some disgusted that this man could not save them and rule over the Romans like they thought he would do. Some who felt power and victory over this dying man. Then I saw the man look out over this crowd of people. He looked out with eyes of love and examined each one. He looked at each individual with love. He looked at the whole of the crowd in love. I could tell that what he was doing, was for the love of these people. He was giving his life for these people. He was dying in their stead. A man enthroned and sitting on a cross, examining in love the sin of the stubborn people below and loving them individually and as a whole. Love like I've never seen before. I flew in that day and perched. Perched into eternity as a dove, above the love of God, giving life to his creation through death.

Prayer of the Day
Send now the dove of Your Spirit and fill me with Your Love that I may go this day overflowing, to love and serve You, today, tomorrow and forever.---Amen

No comments: