Tuesday, February 03, 2009

February 3rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Understanding

Readings of the Day
Exodus 17:8-19:15-For the task is too heavy for you; you cannot do it alone.
Matthew 22:34-23:12-All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted.
Psalm 27:7-14-Your face, LORD, do I seek. Do not hide your face from me.
Proverbs 6:27-35-He will get wounds and dishonor, and his disgrace will not be wiped away.
1 Corinthians 7:32-40-I want you to be free from anxieties.

God's Word of the Day
You can't do it all on your own. Ask for help and come to Me.

Story of the Day
So there we were, my partner and I, in the trees on a team building exercise. We were each in separate trees next to one another with a cable strung across to another tree. Two cables parallel to one another about five feet apart. We were to somehow cross the cables together to arrive to the other side. Neither one of us could cross one cable alone. So we stepped out and leaned into one another clasping our hands together above our heads. One person balanced the other. Step by step we slid across the cables together and reached the other side. First we had to admit we needed each other. Next we had to lean on each other for help when needed. Only then could we go on.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I sin and get in trouble. I need Your help. I need the help of others. As I reach and call out for help, humble and needy, see me and love me and walk with me in Your will and way I pray. ---Amen

No comments: