Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 24th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Connection

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 15:1-16:28-The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to a barren region; and the goat shall be set free in the wilderness.
Mark 7:1-23-Listen to me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but the things that come out are what defile.
Psalm 40:11-17-But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in your; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!"
Proverbs 10:13-14-The wise lay up knowledge...
1 Timothy 3:14-16-He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.

God's Word of the Day
I have made a connection with you. I come to you from the outside in and make you like Me from the inside out.

Story of the Day
She sprinkled the yeast into the dough from above with hands of care and love. Then the working with the hands. The kneading and rolling. The yeast was worked into the dough and the yeast began to change the dough from the inside out. The dough began to rise due to the yeast working from the inside out. The dough was bubbling with action now that the yeast was inside. Then into the oven. The heat of the oven changed the dough with the yeast inside and throughout the dough into something new and wonderful. Ahhh! The Bread of Life! Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for Jesus. I give You thanks that You have sent Him into this world and into my life and the very gut of my soul. Work in and through me and bubble up to the surface Your Spirit of love and grace and change me into what You desire. Especially in the heat and pain of life, may Your Spirit of Love rise out of me to those You send to me this day, that all may see the joy I have in You. ---Amen

No comments: