Friday, February 27, 2009

February 27th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Facts

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 20:22-22:16-You shall be holy to me; for I the LORD am holy, and I have separated you from the other peoples to be mine.
Mark 9:1-29-I believe, help my unbelief!
Psalm 43:1-5-O send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling.
Proverbs 10:18-...whoever utters slander is a fool.
2 Timothy 4:1-5-...carry out your ministry fully.

God's Word of the Day
You are all sinful. Repent and come near to your neighbor in love and share the story of My glory.

Story of the Day
I was angry and upset that day. Things were said to me that had embarrassed me in front of so many people present. I wasn't sure how to handle the situation. My feelings were drawing me into a depression, I could tell. I was rebuked in public and my ego was feeling the effects. Then I thought back about a few stories when Jesus would rebuke a believer in public. When the person would stop and listen and not take offense at the rebuke, they would always hear a clear message from Jesus. "I believe, help my unbelief!" He got it! He got the message.

So instead of retaliation in my present circumstance, I decided to take the time to listen to the rebuke. Listen and not reply in argumentative retaliation. Listen for the wisdom. If wisdom was present, I would heed it and learn from it. If wisdom or understanding could not be heard, or if only slander was heard, the speaker would condemn themselves in public.

I was angry and upset that day, but a little reflection, a little understanding, and a lot of wisdom began to calm me down.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, help me to stop and listen. Even when I want to shout back in retaliation, give me pause. Let me see Your light and hear Your voice in my daily life situations. Help me to pause and say; "I believe, help my unbelief!" ---Amen

No comments: