Monday, February 02, 2009

February 2nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Rest

Readings of the Day
Exodus 15:19-17:7-He cried out to the LORD; and the LORD showed him a piece of wood; he threw it into the water, and the water became sweet.
Matthew 22:1-33-For many are called, but few are chosen.
Psalm 27:1-6-I will sing and make melody to the LORD.
Proverbs 6:20-26-For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light...
Luke 2:22-40-The child brew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him.

God's Word of the Day
Stay a while. You will see how I have called and chosen you.

Story of the Day
I'd been in this place for years and years and no one had ever bothered me. Sometimes there would be more of me than other times, especially when it rained. When it rained, I grew, when it got hot I shrunk down in size. But I had always been here. All by myself here, I let myself go and would stink most of the time, but that's my business.

Then all of these people came tromping up to my edges poking their hands into me and taking a drink then spitting back into me. How rude can you get! Just go on by like all the others and leave me alone. But no! Some guy comes up to me and hears all the complaints these people have about my taste and he throws a piece of wood into me. And that's when it happened! That's when I realized my call and purpose in life! I was called to sustain these special people of God! All my life, I knew I was here for a reason, I knew I had a calling, but I never knew when I'd be chosen, and this was the day! So I nourished these people with the new sweetness of my water. Who would have known that some wood, could change my life and remove my stench and replace it with a sweet life of love and service to the people of the world!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give you thanks that you have used some wood to take the stench of my sin and change me into a sweet smelling vessel of Your grace and love. Live and work through me this day to nourish Your people. Choose me to do Your will, as I serve you today. ---Amen

No comments: