Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Disappointment

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 22:17-23:44-When anyone offers a sacrifice of well-being to the LORD, in fulfillment of a vow or as a freewill offering, from the herd or from the flock, to be acceptable it must be perfect; there shall be no blemish in it.
Mark 9:30-10:12-Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all.
Psalm 44:1-8-For not in my bow do I trust, nor can my sword save me.
Proverbs 10:19-...the prudent are restrained in speech.
Matthew 9:2-13-Stand up, take your bed and go to your home.

God's Word of the Day
Don't be so concerned about position. It's My position with you that counts.

Story of the Day
We were having a great time that day. We began a game of follow the leader. The leader began to walk around the neighborhood. He invited one then two then three to follow. On and on we went, with kids just leaving the games they were playing behind to play follow the leader. As we went even the kids that were following began to invite others to join in. At some point, some of the kids in the back had to focus real hard in order to see the leader in the front. Even though it was hard to see the leader in the front they could see the leader in the person that was in front of them. Then it began. Towards the rear of the line, which had now grown great in number, someone mumbled that he shouldn't be so far back. He declared that he should be up front with the leader. And that's when it happened. The leader began to walk in circles. And at some point in this circular walk the last became first. The leader knew that in a circle all would have view of him. But we were to keep the leader in our focus of vision, yet at the same time see the leader in the one in front of us. The leader had made the last first and the first last. The leader was in each of us. The leader was in front of us. The leader was behind us. The leader was all around us. We had a great time that day, leaving all we were doing behind, to follow the Leader and learn about life.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as I leave it all behind, I follow You this day. Accept my sacrifice. I give You thanks and praise for Your perfect sacrifice. I give You thanks for coming to me and taking the place of the perfect sacrifice. As I follow You this day, help me to see You in those around me. Help me, as I love them and show compassion. Give me the words to speak. Show me the actions to take. Walk with me as I gladly stand up and take action in Your name this day. ---Amen

No comments: