Wednesday, February 04, 2009

February 4th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Return

Readings of the Day
Exodus 19:16-21:21-I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me.
Matthew 23:13-39-How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!
Psalm 28:1-9-The LORD is the strength of his people; he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
Proverbs 7:1-5-My child, keep my words...
Psalm 35:1-10-O LORD, who is like you?

God's Word of the Day
Run to Me, I will feed you and make you strong.

Story of the Day
We were all outside playing and having a ball in the neighbor's yard. Then I heard a distant but familiar voice. "Billy, come home, it's time to eat!" So off I ran to go home to eat and be nourished and to talk over with family the happenings of the day.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, may I hear Your voice and come running as You gather us together to feed us and nourish us with Your body and blood, with bread and wine, that we would unite in the Word and share our walk with You, one with another. ---Amen

No comments: