Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Indulge

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 16:29-18:30-For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you for making atonement for your lives on the altar; for, as life, it is the blood that makes atonement.
Mark 7:24-8:10-Then he ordered the crowd to sit down on the ground; and he took the seven loaves, and after giving thanks he broke them and gave them to his disciples to distribute; and they distributed them to the crowd.
Psalm 41:1-13-As for me, I said, "O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you."
Proverbs 10:15-16-The wage of the righteous leads to life...
Psalm 51:1-17-The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

God's Word of the Day
You are broken because of what you have done. Turn to Me, for I am coming to you. See Me and feel Me, touch and smell. For I will show you the acceptable sacrifice. I love you.

Story of the Day
So there I was about to be sacrificed. I don't get it, I'm an animal after all. How can I cleanse these people? And drain my blood? My blood is what keeps me alive! Drain my blood, sling some of it around, wipe it here and there!? I don't get it! And they didn't get it either! This God of ours was showing life in blood- Life in sacrifice- Life in the broken- Life! Then years later, one of my kin told me a story.

There was a man...about to be sacrificed...a man!...yet God?...his blood all over the hands of the people...about to be sacrificed for the people...showing life in the blood...life in the sacrifice...life in the blood, eternally slung all around.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I turn to You this day and repent of my sin. I turn to You and humbly seek Your forgiveness. You are Life. Life is in You. Take these ashes...take this dust...let it die to sin and selfish ambition, to live in You. Recreate me into Your hearts desire and will. ---Amen

No comments: