Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February 18th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
What a mess!

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 6:1-7:27-Flesh that touches any unclean thing shall not be eaten; it shall be burned up.
Mark 3:7-30-Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of eternal sin.
Psalm 37:1-11-Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Proverbs 10:3-4-...the hand of the diligent makes rich.
Psalm 6-The LORD has heard my supplication; the LORD accepts my prayer.

God's Word of the Day
I choose you. I use you. I re-create the mess.

Story of the Day
An adulterer, a murderer, a thief, one who lies, one who doubts, one who denies, one who betrays, multiple wives, whores, even virgins. A team of people with all sorts of frailties. A bunch of people that you may not choose for anything. He chose them. He came to the unclean and touched them. He came and became part of their lives and transformed their lives. Transformed their very beings and purpose in life from the inside out. Transformed from the inside out and from the outside in and throughout. He came and called each one and became a part of them and made then all uniquely beautiful in his kind of way. They couldn't have made it on their own. The harder they tried to make it on their own the worse it all got. But once he came and touched their uncleanness, they started to become like him. They radically changed, and it's made all the difference for each one of them and for all the world. All because he came to them and reached out and touched the unclean and made it clean.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, reach out to the unclean of this world, me included, and touch us. I hunger for Your touch. I desire for You to penetrate my being and spirit and make me clean. Clean me, call me and use me to do your will. May my life be pleasing to You. May I do Your will always. ---Amen

No comments: