Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Call to action

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 9:7-10:20-Fire came out from the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar; and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.
Mark 4:26-5:20-...but he explained everything in private to his disciples.
Psalm 37:30-40-The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; he is their refuge in the time of trouble.
Proverbs 10:6-7-The memory of the righteous is a blessing...
1 Kings 14:1-18-...because in him there is found something pleasing to the LORD...

God's Word of the Day
Listen my disciple; I will make all things clear to you, listen.

Story of the Day
That morning as I stepped outside to pick up my paper off of the drive, I was feeling very well rested for once. In some sort of joy or fit of happiness, I snapped my finger on my way up the drive. At that very same moment there was a clap of thunder. I looked up to the early morning sky and there wasn't a cloud in site. It was a clear sunny morning! Thinking how weird this coincidence was, I decided to try something else. I waved my hand into the air from left to right. A cloud swept in at that same moment. Thinking how funny some of this was getting to be, I raised my hands into the air and wiggled my fingers as I dropped my arms to my side. Then it rained, right then at that same moment. Where did this odd power come from? What does it mean? What am I to do with it? So, I raised my hands as if stopping a car at a stop light and the rain stopped. Then I took one arm and waved it in the form of an arch to the sky. A rainbow appeared. God had given me some power. Some power to do something with. He had given me powers that I could never ever have achieved through any acts of my own. Now all I wanted to know, was what was I to do with these powers? Now what!???

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as I gather at Your feet with powers only You could grant; I sit and listen. I listen to what You would have me do. Explain it all to me and make it clear. Call me into action today and work Your awesome powers through me, not to credit myself with glory, but to point all glory, honor and praise straight to You. ---Amen

No comments: