Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Plan of action

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 4:1-5:19-Or when you touch human uncleanness-- any uncleanness by which one can become unclean-- and are unaware of it, when you come to know it, your shall be guilty.
Mark 2:1-3:6-And as he sat a dinner in Levi's house, many tax collectors and sinners were also sitting with Jesus and his disciples-- for there were many who followed him.
Psalm 36:1-12-For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
Proverbs 10:1-2-A wise child make a glad father...
1 Corinthians 10:14-11:1-Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

God's Word of the Day
I AM in you.

Story of the Day
The creator created the creature in his likeness. He created the creature to be like the creator. But the creature chose something different. The creature decided that he want to be his own creator. The creature went after a wisdom of his own and became something that the creator had not intended. So the creator looked upon the creature in compassion, knowing that the creature could never become as the creator; the creator decided that he needed to become like the creature. So the creator changed himself into the creature. Out of love and compassion; out of anger and action the creator became the creature. The creator now walked with the creature in the very likeness and form of the creature. As the creator walked with the creature, he called disciples to himself. And the creator lived and died for the creature. The creator gave his life, so that the creature could now be in the creator's likeness. And the creator once again lived in the creature. The creator was making the creature into his likeness once again. Sure the creature still had to live in the sinfulness of the world. But now, no longer was the creature trying to become like a creator, but now, the creator was living in the creature, making the creature like the creator. And this subtle difference...so subtle...makes all the difference. Now the creature joyfully gave his life away, bit by bit, to the creator living in him and making the creature into what the creator desired. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I took the apple and thought I could make myself into You. Forgive my sin. You took on flesh and died for me. I give You thanks. You chose to reach out and touch me, unclean as I am. You chose to make Yourself unclean for me. You came down and ate at my table. You became unclean because of my presence. You took on my sin and died for it. You made me clean by coming to me and calling me and growing in me. As I die daily to sin, I see the life I have in You. You in me and I in You, but all because of what You chose to do. I choose You! I give my life to You! As I die daily to sin, may You grow in me, today, tomorrow and forever. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: