Saturday, October 15, 2005

October 15th People Reflection

Saturday 10/15/2005

Revelation 15-After this, I noticed something else in heaven. The sacred tent used for temple was open.

Esther 6.14-8.17-Hang Haman from his own tower!

Psalm 107.1-22-You should praise the LORD for his love

1 Thessalonians 1.1-10-We always give thanks to God for all of you and mention you in our prayers, constantly remembering before our God and Father you work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 3.14-17-All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for, teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training for righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work.

Psalm 119.97-104-How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

"I wanna go on a hay ride and eat a caramel apple." – Sarah—wishes for Fall break while back home. Wishes to be fulfilled- actions to take- things to do- good things- fun things- a time to relax from school and the pressure of study and tests- I wonder – is that like heaven- time to relax from life- maybe- maybe not- maybe that is when we really live life- but I guess it’s all life anyway- the pressures and the times of relief- both are good with God at the center- and that’s where Haman went wrong- he put himself at the center of his life- and his own selfishness led him to be hung from his own tower! – God wants me to put God at the center of my life- the temple of God at my center- open in heaven – and filled with God’s glory – not mine- and I can do this each day- I can carve out time all day long to put God at the center- reflect on his inspired Word- that Word that is as sweet as honey- that word that equips me for life- life that may by study and tests or even relaxation – life that leads me to praise God for all his love- "I wanna go on a hay ride and eat a caramel apple."- Yea that fun ride of life given to me through Jesus- that great sweet taste of the Word made flesh – Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord, "I wanna go on a hay ride and eat a caramel apple." – Will you go with me? -- Amen

No comments: