Wednesday, October 19, 2005

October 19th People Reflection

Wednesday 10/19/2005

Revelation 19-Don’t worship anyone but God. Everyone who tells about Jesus does it by the power of the Spirit.

Isaiah 5-6-Is there anyone I can send? Will someone go for us? "I’ll go." I answered. "Send me!"

Psalm 109.20-31-Come and save me because of your love.

Isaiah 43.8-13-I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.

Hebrews 4.12-13-Indeed, the word of God is living and active…

Psalm 119.41-48-for I trust in your word

"The water pressure has dropped to zero."—A statement made yesterday – an issue with the water system that was quickly corrected but still resulted in a water boil warning. Water is needed for life- and in my life with God it is one great gift he gives to me- water – his Word- and a promise- all combined to choose me as his child- to show me that I don’t need anyone but God- all I have – all I am – is a result of God’s gifts to me- I must trust in his word- and feel the moisture of the living grace of his water- so that I know how real God is- he is so real he took on flesh in the form of Jesus and lived- suffered and died for all people- only he is the savior- I am not the savior- I can’t save myself even in deciding to be baptized- only God saves me and he does it through real flesh and blood and seals it all with some water on my forehead- he makes me special with some oil in the sign of the cross on my forehead- even as I am an infant- unable to take care of myself- which makes infant baptism all the more powerful- I can’t save myself as an infant and I sure can’t save myself as an adult- salvation and my baptism are gifts from God- wonderful gifts of God’s bounteous provision that I put all my faith, hope and trust in- Indeed the word of God is living and active- that Word made flesh – lives on through me- works through me- Send me! – I can do no less – for you are God and my only salvation. – "The water pressure has dropped to zero." – But that life giving water of God never drops to zero.

Prayer- Lord- give me your life giving water and Word- just as you have all my life- from infancy to adulthood- I need you to live. -- Amen

No comments: