Monday, October 24, 2005

October 20th - 24th People Reflections

Thursday 10/20/21

Revelation 20-Several books were opened, and then the book of life was opened.

Isaiah 7-8-Run to me for protection. I am a rock

Psalm 110-Your (I take this as Jesus) power will be seen on the day you begin to rule.

Psalm 1- They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and the leaves do not wither.

Exodus 20.1-20-Then god spoke all these words:

Psalm 2-Serve the LORD with fear, with trembling kiss his feet

"She cooks in the kitchen and snaps flies with her towel."—Sarah’s description of a friend- the actions in a kitchen- a fun loving statement- an active person- with the joy of life and fun- working for others- and defending Sarah from that dreaded fly- someone to run to for protection- someone with power to defend- someone you are willing to serve- someone you would kiss the feet of- sounds like someone else I know- someone who wrote my name in the book of life- wrote my name instead of his own- "She cooks in the kitchen and snaps flies with her towel."—I will fear and love the Lord with all my being—Someone I love.

Prayer- Lord love me today like a mother- and protect me in your kingdom. -- Amen

 

Friday 10/21/2005

Revelation 21-22-The glory of God made the city bright. It was dazzling and crystal clear like a precious jasper stone...If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It'’ free!

Isaiah 9-10-Those who walked in the dark have seen a bright light.

Psalm 111-With all my heart I will thank the LORD when his people meet.

Leviticus 19,1-2, 15-18-but you shall love your neighbors as yourself: I am the LORD.

John 11.21-27-But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask of him

Psalm 132-let us worship at his footstool

"We have a bet on you…" – Friends at work- before I go to the doctor- wondering what is wrong with me- have a bet on if I’ll return or not- just for fun- it’s one way to bring joy into someone else’s life in some odd way- but I know God has the gift of life waiting for me- in some life-giving water and it’s free- I know even if I have to walk in the dark a while- there is a bright light I can see and follow- I know the with all my heart I can thank God in the people I meet along my journey in the dark – I know that I’m not alone- I have neighbors with me – some in more trouble than myself – reason to love others – and I know that I can ask God while I worship at his footstool for all I need. "We have a bet on you…" – well- I’ll bet it all works out- one way or another- and I don’t have to worry about winning the bet.

Prayer- Lead me this day towards the light -- Amen

Saturday 10/22/2005

1 Thessalonians 1-We thank God for you and always mention you in our prayers.

Isaiah 11-13-I trust you to save me, LORD God, and I won’t be afraid.

Psalm 112-Bad news won’t bother them; they have decided to trust the LORD.

1 Thessalonians 2.1-8-we had courage in our God to delcare to you the gospel of God in spite of great opposition.

Romans 13.1-7-Pay to all what is due to them

Psalm 48-…that you may tell the next generation that his is God, our God forever and ever. He will be our guide forever.

"I’m leaving. I’ve never seen it this bad before." – Bryan, discourage at a football game- they were just High School kids- but they were playing an awesome team- I’ll bet they wanted to be saved from this humiliation- but no big deal- the other team was so good- even the best they had to offer wouldn’t defeat them- there are times like that- God gives some gifts to others that are just better than yours- so let the other guy serve- let him serve with all his might- there are also times that other guy is not around- and you can serve just as well- with all your might- and I’m sure God is pleased with both- it’s not always about who is better that whom- it’s about your heart – your reason for serving- mention the other guy in your prayers but don’t give up on your own- just pass your faith on from generation to generation and let God supply the gifts- be happy with the gifts you have been given and trust God to work out the details- "I’m leaving, I’ve never seen it this bad before."—Well I’m staying know and trusting in a God that works it all out- It’ll get better.

Prayer- Lord- I’m staying- with you- to trust and love you all day long- even when it’s tough. -- Amen

 

Sunday 10/23/2005

1 Thessalonians 2.1-16-My friends, you know that our time with you wasn’t wasted.

Isaiah 14-16-I, the LORD All-Powerful, have made these plans. No one can stop me now!

Psalm 113-From dawn until sunset the name of the LORD deserves to be praised.

Matthew 22.34-46-What do you think of the Messiah?

Matthew 6.25-33-But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Psalm 55-But is call upon God, and the LORD will save me.

"O-H-I-O" – I was at the Ohio State vs. Indiana game in Bloomington Indiana yesterday- three corners of the stadium and one end-zone were filled with Buckeye fans—we would take turns spelling OHIO- a letter to each section- really really loud- it was fun! – I wonder what it would have been like if we had been shouting J-E-S-U-S – maybe we would have had to involve the Indiana fans since there was one more letter- God is All-Powerful- he has plans for my life- and I must follow his plans- just like the plays on the field- I must listen to the call and take direction- play my part alongside many others so that the play can unfold and we score- praise God when it all works out- which it will- we will battle down the field- fumble- have a penalty – but in the end all things will be given to me- I must trust in God all along the way- and What do I think of the Messiah? – I think I better trust, love and follow his lead- listen to his call- and get pumped up when I hear the crowd shout "J-E-S-U-S" – yesterday was "O-H-I-O" – but that was just a warm up to the real plan for life.

Prayer- Lord put me on the field- or put me in the stands today- either way I will praise you or follow your call. --Amen

Monday 10/24/2005

1 Thessalonians 2.17-3.13-Your strong faith in the Lord is like a breath of new life.

Isaiah 17-19-And when they are in trouble and ask for help, he will send someone to rescue them from their enemies.

Psalm 114-Ask the mountains and the hills why they skipped like goats!

Psalm 11-In the LORD I take refuge

Colossians 3.12-17-clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience…above all clothe yourselves with love

Psalm 149-Sing to the LORD a new song

"Do you remember your Kindergarten Teacher?"- Whew! – that was a long time back- I can remember some things- like the naps- and playing- but I sure can’t recall the teacher- others can- I can remember getting in trouble- did I ask for help then?- did someone rescue me? – well I think maybe it wasn’t so much a need for rescue but a teaching experience- how should I act with other people- so I think of the Israelites- at the base of Sinai – that mountain the skipped like goats at the sound of God- God is awesome- fearful in his power- kinda like a Kindergarten teacher can be- but also loving and kind- a person you remember with affection- a person you can take refuge in- a person that shows you what to wear for different kinds of weather- just like God- clothing me with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, patience and above all else a scarf of love- God- fearsome- yet loving and kind- makes me want to sing a new song- "do you remember your Kindergarten Teacher?" – yea- maybe not specifically the name- but I remember her love.

Prayer- Lord, teach me today and clothe me for the weather in Your Kingdom -- Amen

No comments: