Saturday, October 29, 2005

October 29th People Reflections

Saturday 1/29/2005

2 Thessalonians 3-I pray that the Lord will guide you to be as loving as God and as patient as Christ.

Isaiah 29-30-The LORD God is waiting to show how kind he is and to have pity on you.

Psalm 119.1-32-I worship you with all of my heart.

Romans 3.19-28-"no human being will be justified in his sight"

Matthew 11.25-30-you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants

Psalm 42-My soul thirsts for God, for the living God

"Pick up her medicine on your way home."- Medicine to help. Medicine to cure. I think God is medicine- he helps – he cures- and then I think of how God sent his cure into the world- he sent Jesus to cure the sin and evil that I have allowed into my life- that humans have allowed into this world- there is no way I can be justified by God by anything I do- I can only be justified through the action of Jesus on that cross- through his defeat of sin and death- then I must depend on the gift of the Spirit that God has sent to me and through me and in me to follow Jesus lead- to serve God- to love God- to worship God- to thirst for God- and to wait on his will- it’s not my actions but it’s about my response to a loving and patient God- and he has revealed this to infants- God saved me before I even realized it – I don’t have to worry about believing before I’m baptized or believing after I’m baptized- all that I know is that the gift was given- will I accept that gift or turn my back? – he shows all of this to infants- so if I think I have it all figured out and decide to go to God with it- I’m lost- cause God always comes to me- I can never be so intelligent to believe I have God all figured out- I must always listen and follow his voice – but God came to me- as an infant God came to me- as an adult God came to me- and when I’m away – I can always come home to God- "Pick up her medicine of the way home." – Yea—I’m glad to pick it up- cause I see a God waiting for me in his time and in his place – with the medicine of salvation – I’ll be right home before you know it.

Prayer- Lord, Thank you for the medicine of Jesus salvation- thank you for your home to return to. -- Amen

No comments: