Sunday, October 02, 2005

October 2nd People Reflection

Sunday 10/2/2005

Revelation 2-Listen to what I say

Nehemiah 3-The gates and walls are rebuilt by many workers

Psalm 97-The LORD is King! Tell the earth to celebrate and all islands to shout.

Matthew 21.33-46-the kingdom of God will be given to a people that produce the fruits of the kingdom

Jeremiah 1.4-9-you shall go to all to whom I send you, and you shall speak whatever I command you

Psalm 139-O LORD, you have searched me and known me.

"That was a lot of work!"—A comment made while moving Jake to the top of a blow up plastic slide so he could slide back to the bottom. – Just like the rebuilding of the gates and walls of Jerusalem were a lot of work- but the reward – the good feeling afterwards makes all the work worth it- and God has work for me too- I must listen to what he has to say- in your face – open advice and guidance- like the words to the churches in Revelation- God holds nothing back – tells you what you need to hear- listen- listen because this is the God that created all there is – even islands have a reason to shout- so listen- this is God- he knows all about me- "That was a lot of work!"- yea if I listen – God graciously gives me a response to his love- a lot of work- but that good kind of work- that work that fulfills- God provides in so many ways- so I’m happy that God gives me work- "That was a lot of work!" – Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord, thank you for the work you give me to do in your vineyard- I am thankful for all you give and provide. -- Amen

No comments: