Monday, October 17, 2005

October 16th and 17th People Reflections

Sunday 10/16/2005

Revelation 16-And a mighty shout came from the throne of the Temple in heave, saying, "It is finished!"

Esther 9-10- Then on the following day they rested celebrating their victory with a day of feasting and gladness.

Psalm 107.23-43-Again and again he delivered them…

Matthew 22.15-22-You are impartial and don’t play favorites.

Acts 17.10-15-they searched the Scriptures day after day…

Psalm 119.105-112-LORD, accept my grateful thanks

"You may begin adjudicated performance." – Doesn’t sound quite right, but it’s close. A band giving a performance that will be judged. They will be ranked and rated against and with other bands present at the competition. It’s a battle of sorts with others- but more so with yourself. I know I will make mistakes in my battle- in my adjudicated performance - but I also know of one who is perfect and who did set the perfect performance – and He did it for me- Jesus won the battle for me- his performance is the one that counts and with his victory I am free to celebrate and please him – I am free to act out his will in his Kingdom with joy, praise, and happiness- I am free to see him in Scripture day after day – I am free not to worry so much about my adjudicated performance- but to freely live in His will and His way. Jesus- accept my grateful thanks – "You may begin your adjudicated performance." – And in the salvation of Jesus – I give thanks to God!

Prayer- Lord, send me this day with joy and happiness to begin the adjudicated performance. -- Amen

Monday 10/17/2005

Revelation 17-His followers are chosen and special and faithful

Isaiah 1-2-Stop trusting the power of humans. They are all going to die, so how can they help?

Psalm 108-I will sing and play music for you with all that I am.

Psalm 124-Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Ephesians 5.21-33-Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Psalm 128-Happy is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in his ways.

"I found the one I like."—Picking pumpkins from the pumpkin patch- A hayride- a caramel apple and a pumpkin- Thank God that he chooses us – special and faithful- right out of the patch- We can trust in God to care for us- can’t trust in humans though- they are all going to die- one way or another- and if that death is to my sinful self- if that death is to the realization that I need Jesus salvation not some conjured up thing of my own- then it will be a good death- but some people will choose to depend on themselves- they won’t choose God- but I know that my help is in God- who made heaven and earth- only he makes me happy and frees me to walk in his ways and be subject to others out of the love he showed and gave to me. – "I found one I like."- Actually he found me- how profound—and I really like it!

Prayer- Lord, thanks for picking me out of that patch. -- Amen

No comments: