Thursday, October 13, 2005

October 9th People Reflection

Sunday 10/9/2005

Revelation 9- But the people who did not die in these plagues still refused to turn from their evil deeds

Nehemiah 12- they were to take part in the joyous occasion with their songs of thanksgiving and with the music of cymbals, lyres, and harps.

Psalm 104.1-23-You make the clouds your chariots; you ride upon the wings of the wind

Matthew 22.1-14-for many are called but few are chosen.

Romans 8.31-39-And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love

Psalm 30-O LORD my God, I cried out to you for help, and you restored my health.

"It’s about our relationship with God." – A comment from a Men’s meeting at church – Will I refuse that relationship?- will I refuse that free gift of life in Jesus? – by what Jesus did- or will I be stubborn and be determined to save myself?- will I not listen to God and refuse to turn from my evil deeds?- will I hear the call?- will I be chosen?- will I be joyous in Jesus?- will I separate myself from his love?- Will I cry out but not turn to him?- Will I let God restore me from death to life? – Will I see him in the clouds?- Will I see him upon the wings of the wind?- Will I shout for joy?- Will I serve him?- Will I love him?- Will I be his child?- Will I accept his love?- Will I praise his name? – Will I center my life in him?- It’s a question – It’s a response to a love that is beyond my comprehension –"It’s about my relationship with God."- "It’s about our relationship with God." – Will I? – Will we? – I will- We will- Thanks be to God!

Prayer- I will love you for all you have done for me- Amen

No comments: