Wednesday, October 26, 2005

October 26th People Reflections

Wednesday 10/26/2005

1 Thessalonians 5- God doesn’t intend to punish us, but wants us to be saved through our Lord Jesus Christ

Isaiah 23-24-The LORD All-Powerful will rule on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, where he will show its rulers his wonderful glory.

Psalm 116-I love you LORD! You answered my prayers. You paid attention to me,and so I will pray to you as long as I live.

1 John 4.1-6-every spirit the confesses the Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God

2 Thessalonians 3.6-13-do not be weary in doing what is right

Psalm 23-my cup overflows

"I think I’m lost."- Sometimes I am lost- I may not want to admit it- but I am lost at times- sometimes I think God intends to punish me- well- things may not go like I expect- I guess- maybe God does discipline me- but God doesn’t intend to punish me- he wants to save me through Jesus- through Jesus God has shown how wonderful he is- all through history God has shown how All-Powerful He is- he shows his glory in many ways- through people- through creation – but most of all through love- I can go to God in prayer and He answers- He pays attention to my needs and provides- what a wonderful God I have- a God so caring and loving that he was willing to take on my form- human flesh- flesh that feels pain and suffering – God came down to me through and in Jesus- to save me- I must confess this- I must follow this pattern and not be weary. – "I think I’m lost."- yea- well God has taken care of that for me- he provides direction in His Word and through his Word spoken to me through earthly gifts of creation and life- surely my cup overflows. – "I think I’m lost." – I am—but I’ve also been found by Jesus who came down in flesh to me- to save me and fill my cup to overflowing.

Prayer- Lord, thanks for the direction- thanks for finding me and setting me straight. -- Amen

No comments: