Thursday, October 06, 2005

October 6th People Reflection

Thursday 10/6/2005

Revelation 6-…rest for a little while. They had to wait until the complete numbers of the Lord’s other servants and followers would be killed.

Nehemiah 8.13-9.37-your gentle Spirit instructed them and you gave them manna to eat and water to drink.

Psalm 101-I will sing to you. LORD!

1 Corinthians 9.1-15-those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel

Matthew 17.1-8-And when they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus himself alone.

Psalm 121-I lift up my eyes to the hills-from where will my help come?

"I want to be able to go into the back yard."- A goal of a church friend, recently hospitalized. A simple goal yet in his case, for now, a tall task. But first he must rest for a little while- let things heal- let God carry out his healing power in him- let God complete his work- wait on God’s time- he will someday walk in that back yard – in every struggle throughout the Bible you see God’s Sprit instructing- you see God caring for his people – feeding us the manna and water we need- but it’s God’s plan – not the one I try to force into fruition by my will- it’s about God’s plan- not Bill’s plan- my plan will fail- God’s plan will prevail- I must look to follow his plan- and along the way proclaim the good news he has given me- because God saves me in my own unique way- and I must tell the gospel good news of how God has saved me in my time and my life in God’s time and in God’s plan- and then that day will come- for all I have and all I do depends –not on my plan – but on God’s grace and love- then through God and God only will I be able to approach that cross with my friend – slowly look up – and see Jesus – Jesus alone- because my life is in Jesus- I lift my eyes to the hills—from where will my help come? – Jesus—"I want to be able to go into the back yard."- and I want to approach that cross with my friend and look up and see Jesus in all his glory.

Prayer- Lord send your Spirit this day to instruct me- feed me your manna- give me your everflowing water and let my eyes lift up to you- you are my help and life. -- Amen

No comments: