Sunday, October 30, 2005

October 30th People Reflections

Sunday 10/30/2005

1 Timothy 1-Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners

Isaiah 31-33-you are the foundation on which we stand today

Psalm 119.33-64-I love to do what you say.

Psalm 46-there is a river whose streams make glad the city of God

1 Peter 2.4-10-Come to him a living stone

"Now I have a couple lunches I can use later."- Eating out and left-overs to be used at a later time. It was a celebration- and the spoils went to the honored birthday person. So what does this have to do with any of today’s passages? – Jesus feeds us with the food we need- both food for our bodies and food for our spirit- God freely gives all we need- we need food and water for life- we need Jesus body and blood- the bread and wine to live- we depend on Jesus to live- without Jesus we will die- more than just a fleshly death – but we will die a spiritual death also- we can do all the right things here on earth with our bodies- feed them- water them- do all the healthy things possible- but that won’t save us entirely – it may extend our life here on earth- but it won’t save us- it won’t give us the life Jesus has given us- only through Jesus can we live- only through his body and blood will we have true live- and once we receive this gift- believe in what Jesus has done for us- then all things will change- our bodies will still die- but that’s not the end- there is real life in Jesus- life beyond our understanding- life I place all my hope and faith in- life in which I love to do what God directs- life that I can build on that solid rock and foundation- life that exists upon that living stone- real live- "Now I have a couple lunches I can use later."- Lunches that are based on that solid rock foundation of Jesus love and grace.

Prayer- Lord- feed me today- I will stand on your foundation and serve you. -- Amen

No comments: