Thursday, December 01, 2005

December 1st People Reflection

Thursday 12/1/2005

Galatians 5.1-15-My friends, you were chosen to be free.

Lamentations 5-Give us a fresh start.

Psalm 147-Shout praises to the LORD!

Psalm 85.1-2, 8-13-Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet; righteousness and peace will kiss each other.

Romans 15.5-13-so together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalm 148-Praise the LORD!

"You look like George Jetson."- A nurse teasing me while I was on the treadmill for a stress test. I remember that scene- George walking his dog Astro on a treadmill outside their skyward home. He didn’t look very free like when I walk today- the scenery didn’t change like walks today can. But God has chosen me to be free- God chooses me to start fresh each and every day- to relive my baptism each day in all it’s glory. God give me his steadfast love and faithfulness day after day. The result of which is where righteousness and peace kiss each other. God frees me day after day to live in joy and grace in his kingdom. To serve him daily in my walk of life. In an ever changing world. With others whom I can unit and glorify God and praise him with all we have. "You look like George Jetson."—But this George is freed by a loving God – day after day.

Prayer- Lord, send me out today to love others in this walk of life you have placed me. -- Amen

No comments: