Wednesday, April 12, 2006

April 12th People Reflection

Wednesday 4/12/2006

Acts 3-In an instant his feet and ankles became firm. He jumped to his feet and walked.

Deuteronomy 17-18-GOD, your God, is going to raise up a prophet for you. GOD will raise him up from among your kinsmen, a prophet like me. Listen obediently to him.

Job 12-But don’t forget that I also have a brain—

2 Esdras 9.38-10.4-I will neither eat nor drink, but will mourn and fast continually until I die.

Hebrews 12.1-3-We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete…So Keep you mind on Jesus…

Isaiah 53.5-He was wounded and crushed because of your sins; by taking our punishment, he made us completely well.

Psalm 124-The LORD was on our side! Otherwise the enemy attack would have killed us all, because it was furious.

"I do have a little mind you know!" – A statement, not from yesterday, but from the past. Telling me to listen. Yea- the words came out funny –but the message was there. Humble myself and listen. Listen to the Word of God. Hear and feel the healing. Hear and know the forgiveness. Hear and know that once again I will jump to me feet and walk. Even jump to my feet and run. Jesus suffered greatly for my sin to set me on my feet to run in the joy of his forgiveness. He was wounded and crushed because of my sin. Jesus took on my sin and took on the pain that I could not overcome. Jesus – on my side- defeating the attack of the enemy and all his evil power of sin trying to overtake me. My sin. No one else is to blame but me. Jesus taking on the shame and pain of it all. Jesus taking on that feeling of the need to die- does die for me. Hear and know what God has done for me and rejoice in a love beyond understanding. Freely give this same love to those in my world hurting around me and point them all – point them straight to Jesus- let all of us keep our eyes on Jesus- let’s make our faith complete through all Jesus does for each and every one of us. "I do have a little mind you know!" – And let that mind center on Jesus grace and that alone!

Prayer-I focus on you, Lord Jesus, you alone this day. -- Amen

No comments: