Sunday, April 23, 2006

April 23rd People Reflection

Sunday 4/23/2006
Acts 9.26-43-They were permeated with a deep sense of reverence for
God.
Joshua 5.2-6.27-Take your sandals off your feet. The place you are
standing is holy.
Job 23-I?m completely in the dark, I can?t see my hand in front of my
face.
2 Esdras 12.37-39-Therefore write all these things that you have seen
in a book, put it in a hidden place, and you shall teach them to the
wise among your people, whose hearts you know are able to comprehend
and keep these secrets.
John 20.19-31-When the disciples saw the Lord, they became very happy.
1 Peter 2.1-3-You have already found out how good the Lord really is.
Psalm 131-you must trust the LORD now and forever.

?There have been some famous presidents who have stayed here.? ? My
Father-in-Law, a history buff, commenting on the Golden Lamb. We were
at an anniversary celebration dinner. Since he is so into history I
think maybe he had a deep reverence for the significance of this
place. The early Christians were permeated with a deep sense of
reverence for God. I like to think of that word permeated. I want to
be permeated with God. A deep sense of God. God throughout my whole
being. In me and through me and I in him. Like taking the body and the
blood. Goes along with the reverence of how God is with me and the
ground that I stand on being holy ground. God is with, through, in and
of me. And that?s one big secret he let?s us in on. The presence of
God- in Jesus- in Creation- in the Spirit. Like the Spirit filling
every corner of this earth. When I drive in the mountains, sometimes I
see the clouds on the road. And the moisture expands to everyplace it
can find. Like steam sort of. My
sterious yet comforting. And God does this too in the Spirit. Covers
it all. And in this I become very happy. Because in His presence I
have found the source of all joy and happiness. That?s in the presence
of God. In the good and the bad I will trust Him forever. ?There have
been some famous presidents who have stayed here.? ? And I know of a
Savior who has stayed here too and a Spirit that is still here with
me. Thanks be to God!

Prayer-Come Lord Jesus! Send now your Spirit. -- Amen

No comments: