Thursday, April 27, 2006

April 27th People Reflection

Thursday 4/27/2006
Acts 11.19-30-It was in Antioch that the disciples were for the first
time called Christians.
Joshua 13-14-And the land had rest from war.
Job 27-I?ve given you a clear account of God in action?
2 Esdras 13.2-13a-As I kept looking the wind made something like the
figure of a man come up out of the heart of the sea.
Psalm 4-Silently search your heart as you lie down in bed.
1 Peter 1.3-9-God is so good, and by raising Jesus from death, he has
given us new life and a hope that lives on. God has something stored
up for you in heaven, where it will never decay or be ruined or
disappear.
Psalm 66-Let?s praise God! He listened when I prayed, and he is always
kind.

?So if your laundry isn?t dry, I?ll just throw it on the floor.? ?
Sarah teasing a neighbor using the dryer at the apartment. You depend
on the other person waiting on your laundry to not pitch yours out if
you don?t get back in time. There is an unwritten agreement. A
covenant with your neighbor to be decent and respect each other. And
in Antioch that respect was tagged with a name. ? Christians?We
respect our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that we are proud to take on
his name. At all costs. In the good and in the bad. Because in the
name of Jesus God displayed a clear account of ?God in action? ? And
in my life it?s easy to see how God is active. God blesses- God
provides and God guides me through life. In times of joy- and in times
of pain- and in times where I rest from the war ? God is there. God is
present in the visions- as I lay in bed and search my heart- there He
is! God was so good that by raising Jesus from death he gave me new
life and hope that lives on to etern
ity. And the really cool and neat part of it all- there is a grand
surprise in the end- a surprise stored up in heaven that will never
decay or be ruined or disappear. I can?t wait! ? I wonder sometimes
when people die and they see God so clearly if that look is the look
of seeing that surprise. But in the meantime there is so much joyful
work to do for Jesus in his Kingdom that each day brings surprises of
their own and I will praise God day by day. ?So if your laundry isn?t
dry. I?ll just throw it on the floor.? ? Just teasing! I love you! I
will never do that to you!

Prayer-Lord, give me glimpses of your surprises in this day -- Amen

No comments: