Monday, April 03, 2006

April 3rd People Reflection

Monday 4/3/2006

Matthew 26.1-25-Don’t play games with me, Judas.

Numbers 35-36-I live here too---I GOD, live in the same neighborhood…

Job 3-…death has invaded life.

2 Esdras 8.4-19a-for I see the failings of us who inhabit the earth…

1 Corinthians 14.1-19-you may be worshiping God in a wonderful way, but no one else will be helped.

Galatians 2.17-21-I have been nailed to the cross with Christ. I have died, but Christ lives in me.

Psalm 119.49-56-Even in the night I think about you, LORD, and I obey your Law.

"Boy, look at Paul write." – A humorous part of the Sunday School Lesson on the expression of physical touch in love. An expression turned sour with Judas kiss of Jesus. Judas playing games with the expression of love in physical touch. But in that twisted love God was there. Taking the brunt of if. Taking the misunderstood love into himself and upon himself. At that point death invaded life. Death invaded the living Christ. My Savior. Death in the sinful failings of all who inhabit the earth from Adam to Jesus. All of us are included in this game. And in this game of love when we worship. If we worship only to and for ourselves---who else can be helped. We take worship and turn it inwards to please ourselves rather than pleasing God. We entertain ourselves rather than praising God. For in this game of love it was Jesus that was nailed to the cross by our side. But I deserved death for my sin---Jesus didn’t sin. Jesus took on the punishment for my sin and played the game out that I was unable to complete. Jesus who obeyed the Law and thought and prayed all night to God. "Boy, look at Paul write." – And yea – look at the writings of not only Paul but many others who see the game Jesus played in our stead.

Prayer-Jesus –I’m ready to play your game this day – lead me all day long. -- Amen

No comments: