Friday, April 21, 2006

April 21st People Reflection

Friday 4/21/2006

Acts 8.26-40-Using this passage as his text, he preached Jesus to him.

Joshua 1-2-Get going. Cross the Jordan River, you and all the people.

Job 21-Put up with me while I have my say—then you can mock me later to your heart’s content.

2 Esdras 12.3b-9-Therefore I will now entreat the Most High that he may strengthen me to the end.

Acts 4.32-35-In a powerful way the apostles told everyone that the Lord Jesus was now alive.

Luke 24.13-31-As they were talking and thinking about what had happened, Jesus came near and started walking along beside them.

Psalm 100-His love and faithfulness will last forever.

"Now listen to me."- A friend clearing the cobwebs in my head. Helpful advice when I was confused. Maybe I was still confused after the advice but it gave me pause to stop and think and listen. It wasn’t until later that I recognized Jesus in that person. Just like those disciples on the road. They didn’t recognize Jesus until the breaking of the bread. Then they realized his presence. In all cases we can see Jesus throughout the Old and of course in the New Testaments. Not only here but all around me in people and nature. There is Jesus. Easy preaching to those in need. Using any passage, Jesus can be preached. And Jesus was with the Israelites when the crossed the Jordan just as he is with me in my life journey in all the crossings I must take. It’s real nice how Jesus puts up with me too. Listens to me as I listen to him. Strengthens me even in the struggles of life. Strengthens me through the struggles of life. And in a powerful way I can proclaim, without a doubt, that Jesus is alive in my life and in my and all around me. And in the breaking of the bread, Jesus presence is in the people there, and in the body broken for all of us. It’s an amazing thing. It’s a comforting thing. It’s a miracle sent by God for me and you. "Now listen to me." – OK!

Prayer-Lord, thank you for your surrounding presence in the breaking of the bread. -- Amen

No comments: