Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April 4th People Reflection

Tuesday 4/4/2006

Matthew 26.26-46-This sorrow is crushing my life out.

Deuteronomy 1-2-Then we turned around and went back into the wilderness…

Job 4-But now you’re the one in trouble---you’re hurting!

2 Esdras 8.19b-36-O do not look on the sins of your people, but on those who serve you in truth.

1 Corinthians 14.20-33a, 39-40-They will realize that they are sinners, and they will want to change their ways because of what you are saying, They will tell what is hidden in the hearts. Then they will kneel down and say to God, "We are certain that you are with these people."

Jeremiah 31.31-34-Here is the new agreement that I, the LORD, will make with the people of Israel: "I will write my lows on their hearts and minds. I will be their God, and the will be my people…I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done."

Psalm 51.7-15-Turn your eyes from my sin and cover my guilt. Create pure thoughts in me and make me faithful again.

"Everyone has sinned."- But oh how that sin lingers. How we turn- how we repent. How awful it is to head back into that wilderness after sin. And to know that I’m the one in trouble now and hurting. I’m not the one to comfort but am the one in trouble now and hurting. With nobody to turn to. Well—wait a minute. Then I hear a voice. The voice of Jesus calling me out. Calling me to him. In and through people. In and through the Word. In and through so many things. Jesus calling me out. Both of us hanging side by side on crosses. Jesus suffering voice calling my name. In my sin-In my suffering-In my shame- I hear Jesus suffering voice calling me out. I realize my sin and feel the pain of it. But so does he—calling me out. Calling me to change. Showing me the suffering and pain he endures for my sin. Showing me the price he is paying for my sin. And then I hear his voice of forgiveness. From that cross from which he hangs. –I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done. --- Father forgive them for they know not what they do. – And a change begins to take place in me – a new creation of a pure heart and faithfulness to a God that calls me out of my sin to life and joy in him. "Everyone has sinned." – And everyone is called out of that sin to a new life of joy in Jesus.

Prayer-Lord thank you for calling me out from that cross. I’m listening! -- Amen

No comments: