Monday, April 17, 2006

April 17th People Reflections

Monday 4/17/2006
Acts 6-Stephen brimming with God?s grace and energy, was doing
wonderful things among the people. Unmistakable signs that God was
among them.
Deuteronomy 28-If you listen obediently to the Voice of GOD, your God,?
Job 17-If a family reunion means going six feet under, and the only
family that shows up is worms, Do you call that hope?
2 Esdras 10.55-59-Therefore do not be afraid, and do not let your
heart be terrified; but go in and see the splendor or the vastness?
1 Corinthians 15.1-11-Finally, he appeared to me, even though I am
like someone who was born at the wrong time.
Matthew 28.1-10-Suddenly Jesus met them and greeted them.
Psalm 68.19-26, 32-35-Now sing praises to God!

?Did you get your beans planted on Good Friday??-A couple of good ol
guys in the pew behind me, talking before the Easter service at
Tuckaleechee United Methodist Church in Townsend Tenn. In the Smokies.
I love this church and the people there and God?s presence. The
comment reminds me of Stephen. I think he is one result of a Bean
planted in the earth. Jesus planted on Good Friday brings Life. That
Seed planted in the tomb on Good Friday resulted in Life for all. An
abundance of growth. An abundance of Life in the Church that would
result. In the Love that would be declared. In the Voice of God. This
planting was a Family Reunion but very different from the reunion that
Job spoke of. This reunion caused Life in abundance. This planting
does not bring forth fear and a terrified heart, but rather, hope and
salvation and forgiveness. This planting results in all people being
able to see Jesus in Life. This planting displays Jesus among us. Now
sing praises to God! ?Did you get
your beans planted on Good Friday?? ? Yes they were! Thanks be to God!

Prayer-Lord, thank you for that planting and the abundance of Life you
freely give. -- Amen

An Easter Day Walk
I met Jesus today. I met Jesus on a trail to some waterfalls in the
Smokies. I met Jesus something like those people years ago on an
Easter walk. I met Jesus when I shouted from the mountain top, ?He has
risen indeed.? I met Jesus in the response of a couple of daughters
behind in the trail who responded, ?Alleluia!.? I met Jesus today in a
man showing me a rainbow in the falls. I met Jesus in the warmth of
the sun on my face. I met Jesus in the love and caring of people
willing to do what I enjoyed over their own wishes. I met Jesus in the
struggle of the steep climb of the mountain. I met Jesus in the sweat
and pain of each step. I met Jesus in the joy of arriving at the cool
water freely flowing from that waterfall. I met Jesus in the family
having a picnic lunch at the base of the falls. I met Jesus in the
song of the birds and the sounds of nature. I met Jesus in the smiles
and laughter of family. I met Jesus in the rocky path and the smooth
path. I met Jesus in the gre
en of spring life in the mountains. I met Jesus in the butterflies and
the spider and the bees. I met Jesus in my barefoot walk into the cool
water at the base of the waterfall. I met Jesus as I took pictures of
some special girls standing barefoot on a mossy rock at the base of
the falls. I met Jesus in this ever-flowing, refreshing water. I met
Jesus on the smoothed, rounded, solid, boulders in the waters of the
falls. I met Jesus in the love and life of this hike on a warm Easter
Day. Yea?on this Easter Day ? I took a hike in the Smokies ? and there?
I met Jesus all around me and with me and in me. Thanks be to God!

The Cross
There is a cross suspended in time and space from a hill named
Golgotha.
This cross is black with the death, pain, and suffering of my sin.
But on this cross beats a heart of Love.
Alive and active upon my sin and death.
A heart of Life.
A heart of Love.
A heart of Grace.
Red and full of Life and Love.
But look! This Heart bleeds.
This Heart bleeds but never dies.
This Heart of Life and Love and Grace.
The deep red of Life in the blood of this heart.
A Heart pouring the blood openly and freely.
Blood given once and for all.
Blood enough to fill the Cup.
Blood enough to overflow the Cup.
Blood given once and for all in a speck of time years ago.
Yet Blood that never ceases to give of itself.
Blood enough to flow endlessly into the world.
A world in need of this Life saving Blood of Grace.
Blood that gives Hope.
Blood that gives Life.
Blood that gives Love.
Blood freely given for the forgiveness of sin.
Blood that brings a new dawn.
Blood that brings a new day.
Blood that brings a new start.
A day to Praise this Heart of Love on this Cross of death.
A day to give Thanks to this Heart of Love on this Cross of death.
A day to drink freely of this Blood.
A day to take in the Life in this Blood.
A day to live the Hope given from this Blood.
A day to feel the warmth of the Love this Blood brings.
A day to live fully in the Grace of the one who gave this Blood.
To hear the Voice of the one who shed this Blood for all.
To follow in His call.
To Love and Live with and in and through Him alone.
A cross suspended in time and space.
A Love that never dies.
Thanks for the grace of Jesus on that cross.
A cross of Life and Love and Grace and Hope suspended in time and
space.
A Savior here and now and to come.
The Blood of Life on the cross of my sin.
Thanks be to God!

No comments: