Friday, April 07, 2006

April 7th People Reflection

Friday 4/7/2006

Matthew 27.32-66-So they went out and secured the tomb, sealing the stone and posting guards.

Deuteronomy 7-8-GOD, your God, chose you out of all the people on Earth for himself as a cherished, personal treasure.

Job 7-Human life is a struggle, isn’t it?

2 Esdras 9.23-25-eat only of the flowers of the field…

Philippians 2.5-11-everyone will openly agree, "Jesus Christ is Lord!"

Hebrews 12.1-3-We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete.

Psalm 123-Our LORD and our God, I turn my eyes to you, on your throne in heaven.

"That was faster than I thought it would be."- Being caught up at work allows me to respond to requests in a more timely manner. It’s usually not this way. Usually I’m way behind and people have to wait. Usually it’s all a struggle. But when I’m caught up, everything seems easier. After Jesus death and while he was in the tomb they wanted to make sure that there was no mistake about his death. There couldn’t be a resurrection because the tomb was sealed and a guard posted. But that’s not what happened. God is always caught up- he has the plan and it is greater than any human plan. God’s plan included defeat of death and sin. Even for those who would try to seal the tomb and post a guard. And in this how can I help but to see how God is in control. Not my sealed tombs, or shut drawers, or constant guard over my actions. But God is in control and will show me salvation in Jesus- show me a resurrection to new life- open the drawers and open the tombs and move the guard out of the way and allow Jesus to be active in and through me. I must keep my eyes on Jesus for only in Jesus will my faith be made complete. Only in that one flower in the field which will bring me life can I eat. And everyone will agree—Jesus is Lord! – Yea- "That was faster than I though it would be." – And the opening of my life – the opening of the tomb of my sin- the removal of the guard- brings me a Savior and life everlasting.

Prayer-Lord thank you for opening that tomb and bringing life from death. -- Amen

No comments: