Thursday, April 20, 2006

April 20th People Reflection

Thursday 4/20/2006

Acts 8.1b-25-…preaching in every Samaritan town they passed through on their return to Jerusalem.

Deuteronomy 33-34-A people saved by GOD!

Job 20-Well, here’s a piece of my mind!

2 Esdras 11.1b-12.3a-When I looked, I saw what seemed to be a lion roused from the forest, roaring…

Psalm 133-It is truly wonderful when relatives live together in peace.

Revelation 7.9-17-The Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd. He will lead them to streams of life-giving water, and God will wipe all tears from their eyes.

Psalm 148-Let all things praise the name of the LORD, because they were created at his command.

"I didn’t think you were coming back until Thursday."- My greeting at work. Maybe I said that. But I didn’t plan it that way. Anyway, I was back. Did anyone really think Jesus was coming back? Do we still really think he is coming back? I know I do. I know I look forward to that day. I want him to return quickly. I want him to return now. But, I also know he is present. I also know that the Spirit of God is here and now. I also know that until Jesus does return there is work to be done. Jesus left us so much work to do. And it is a joy to do his work. It is a joy to follow and serve him. He is my Savior. He fulfills me. It is a joy to preach every where and in every town and situation in life as I return to Jerusalem. It is a joy to give the world a piece of my mind. To tell them how wonderful God is. To tell of God’s salvation and love. It is wonderful to tell the stories, the dreams, the visions of God to all people. It is wonderful to praise the Lamb in the center of my life who cares for me with streams of life-giving water. Who loves me and has baptized me in his grace and love. Let all things praise God. "I didn’t think you were coming back until Thursday." Come quickly Lord Jesus- but until then I will praise you and joyfully proclaim you name in all the world.

Prayer- Lord, come quickly -- Amen

No comments: