Thursday, April 13, 2006

April 13th People Reflection

Thursday 4/13/2006

Acts 4.1-22-As for us, there’s no question—we can’t keep silent about what we’ve seen and heard.

Deuteronomy 19-20-I’m commanding you today, namely, to love GOD, your God, and do what he tells you all your life…

Job 13-Your wise sayings are knickknack wisdom, good for nothing but gathering dust.

2 Esdras 10.5-24-shake off your great sadness and lay aside your many sorrows…

John 13.1-17;21-35-But I am giving you a new command. You must love each other, just as I have loved you.

1 Corinthians 10.14-17-When we drink from the cup that we ask God to bless, isn’t that sharing in the blood of Christ? When we eat the bread that we break, isn’t that sharing in the body of Christ?

Psalm 116.12-19-you have rescued me from the chains of death

"You’ll see a large set of flags."- Getting directions. But there were so many flags all over the place we became confused. Eventually with directions over the phone we found our way. Jesus show the way too. As the disciples in Acts were telling of his saving grace and power the authorities of the day had asked them to "can" it. But the reply was that they can’t keep silent about what was seen and heard. And in the same way- I can see God’s activity in my life. How can I not tell others of how good God is to me. How God stays with me at all times. How can I not tell others has God is good to them also. How God will be there even when the time is rough- even when the times are great. God saves all of us from sin- not just some – but all of us. Will we accept his grace? Will we accept and follow the command to love others- or will we fall into the trap of believing we know it all and offer our knickknack wisdom instead? Will we shake off our sadness and sorrows and see God’s grace? Will we come together at the table and share the bread and wine and body and blood and be united in Jesus’ love and salvation? Will we see that set of crosses and glory in the pain and suffering and death Jesus took on for us and our sin? Will we see the chains of death fall from us? "You’ll see a large set of flags."- I think maybe I’ll see a set of crosses- one of them is mine but I’ll rejoice in my pain while hanging on that cross knowing that I have a friend at my side who was willing to die for me and I’ll know for sure that He is the way and the truth and the light and my salvation.

Prayer-Lord, thank you for the cross, my friend. -- Amen

No comments: