Saturday, August 12, 2006

August 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Corinthians 13-Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups.
1 Chronicles 3-4-...plus Tamar their sister.
Zephaniah 1-Quiet now! Reverent silence before me, GOD, the Master!
Ephesians 4.25-5.2-Say the right thing at the right time and help others by what you say.
---
My daughter, Stephanie, at her first presentation in the Middie Flag Corp as a Senior, at the conclusion of bandcamp in a Church of God camp outside of Lebanon Ohio. Yea, it makes me a proud dad to watch. It also makes me reflect on a life lived. I see growth through the years. I see a testing of faith that has produced a solid Christian woman. I see in Stephanie a woman who has undergone the regular checkups. I see a sister. I see a daughter. I see a child of God. I see a plus. In 1 Chronicles all the men seem to be the focus of attention in the bloodlines recited. But I like how they add----plus Tamar their sister. Stephanie is a "plus" also. A "plus" to my life and the lives of those she meets. Here she is part of a group. Working together to combine sight and sound into entertainment. Working together with others. Just like the church. We work together as members in the body of Christ. Each doing our part. Each part different and unique and each part a gift of beauty from God combined together in the universal church to form the beautiful body of Christ. Each part saying and doing the right thing at the right time. Helping each other and reaching out to the world to proclaim that awesome saving power and grace of Jesus, our Lord. Quiet now! Reverent silence before our God, the Master and Savior. A wonderful combination of sight and sound and love and family. Thanks be to God!
---
Father, thank you for all the blessings of sight, sound, love, life and family you have graciously provided. You leave me in reverent silence and joyful praise. -- Amen

No comments: