Friday, August 18, 2006

August 18th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 3.22-36- This is the assigned moment for him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines.
1 Chronicles 13-14-God will be two steps ahead of you...
Zechariah 3-Look, I've stripped you of your sin and dressed you up in clean clothes.
Proverbs 9.1-6-If you want to live, give up your foolishness and let understanding guide your steps.
---
Lava rock. Used here to decorate and landscape. Used here to enhance the beauty of some planted flowers. Lava rock. Rough and course. Conditioned by heat and fire. Abrasive yet beautiful. A compliment to the beauty of flowers. Lava rock---off to the side and underneath the real focus of beauty. Much like John the Baptist. Course and crude, yet beauty of his own. John moved to the side so that at the assigned moment our Savior Jesus would take the center - the beauty of the flower - the center of focus with John to the side and underneath enhancing the gifts of God given to John in his course and crude beauty. Lava rock. Jesus two steps ahead of me now. Ahead and the focus of my attention. Do I enhance Jesus? Do I proclaim his beauty to all the world? Jesus my God- the one who stripped my of my sin and dressed me up in clean clothes. Just like Lava Rock- to reflect God's beauty in the coarseness and crudeness of my sin. What a gift! I think I'll give up my foolishness and let this new Understanding guide my steps. Yea, guided by the One two steps ahead and the Beauty I focus on.
---
Jesus, I'm crude and course, yet you forgive me and make me beautiful. I live in the joy of your grace for you forever. ---Amen

No comments: