Monday, August 28, 2006

August 28th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 7.25-52- What is he talking about anyway...
1 Chronicles 29-And here we are, O God, our God, giving thanks to you, praising your splendid Name.
Zechariah 13-They'll say, "GOD--my God!"
Judges 6.1-24-Gideon built an altar for worshiping the LORD and called it "The LORD Calms Our Fears."
---
A Sunday of Worship then without a doubt --a Sunday spent at home resting with tissues. Sometimes God makes a day that sets me down. I worship then I am forced to rest. My body was ill enough that the norm would not carry on as usual. Reminds me of the 23rd Psalm--"He makes me lie down..." -- And I think some days -- this is true. Sure it was Sunday - Sure-I worshiped--my God! -- I went to the altar and throughout the day I remembered how God calms fears- how God restores- how God stops me in my tracks and makes time for me to reflect on all his blessings- all his gifts and appreciate all he has given for me. Gideon was about to go into battle- God stopped him and prepared him and received Gideon's worship and praise-- Jesus was in the battle at the Feast in Jerusalem- the crowd was puzzled by him--What is he talking about anyway-- I think maybe Sunday was the day for God to stop me in my tracks and give me some time to hear just what he is talking about. Worship and give thanks to God for all the blessings I have been graciously given-- even when I am sick with the sniffles! Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, You are God and I will always praise and bless you -- heal me and return me to play in your Kingdom, when and as you see fit. -- Amen

No comments: