Wednesday, August 09, 2006

August 9th Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Corinthians 10-You stare and stare at the obvious, but you can't see the forest for the trees.
2 Kings 23.35-24.20- This should have been no surprise--GOD had said it would happen.
Habakkuk 1-Brace yourself for a shock. Something's about to take place and you're going to find it hard to believe.
Joshua 2.15-24-We're sure the LORD has given us the whole country.
---
A sunset through the trees and through the clouds. I look at the brightness of the sun and think of how much brighter the Light of Christ is. How much I don't understand about God. How obvious God is yet how mysterious Christ is. Why would God do what he did? Why does God care like he does? Why would Jesus die for me? I stare and stare but can't see the forest for the trees. I don't have the vision needed to understand. But then I know how God acts in my life. And there are some things and actions of God that seem to be no surprise. Things that occur just like God says they will. Mystery and wonder and awe and glory--oh God! I can feel the Spirit- I can tell it's time to brace for a shock. Something's about to take place that I'm going to find hard to believe. God has blessed me with so much. Random thoughts and mysteries and wonders of God. God in a sunset through the trees and through the clouds. Always present with me but still a mystery. Still wonder and awe fill my heart as I look at the bright light of the sun through the trees and clouds and ponder the greatness of a God beyond all that light I see this evening. How beautiful and wonderful the mystery of God is....Thanks be to God!---something Big!
---
Jesus, I thank you for blessing me with your greatness, your mystery, your power and your love. I will look towards the Light this day and follow. --- Amen

No comments: