Sunday, August 27, 2006

August 27th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 7.1-24-It's not the right time for me.
1 Chronicles 27-28-If you seek him, he'll make sure you find him, but if you abandon him, he'll leave you for good.
Zechariah 12-GOD's Message concerning Israel, GOD's Decree--the very GOD who threw the skies into space, set earth on a firm foundation, and breathed his own life into men and women...
John 6.56-69-Lord, there is no one else that we can go to! Your words give eternal life.
---
Walmart on a Saturday evening. I think across America now--- this must be the place to be. Or at least so it seems. Any city I go to there seems to be a Walmart that is always busy. Common folk gathering to shop. Common folk coming together. There was a festival about to take place in Jerusalem. But Jesus said it wasn't the right time for him to go there. He did finally go there. But Jesus was aware of all the people. Jesus was aware of the controversy he was causing by his preaching. And Jesus knew that his Father's time was the time table he was on. It wasn't the right time just yet to gather with this mix of people. God's time is always the right time. God who threw the skies into space, set earth on a firm foundation, and breathed his own life into men and women. God's time. I must also be aware of God's time. I must listen to God's voice and follow his call on his time. Not fabricate my own reasons for my own timing. I must be flexible enough to leave my plans for time behind and follow God's time. I must seek God out and he will come to me in his time. When he is ready. This isn't about my plans. This is about God's plans. Peter said it, "Lord, there is no one else we can go to! You have the words of eternal life." On your time, and possibly even on a Saturday evening at a Walmart across America. It's about God's time.
---
Lord, I wait for your time- I will listen for your voice and follow your call. I will abandon my plans and timing for your plans and timing. Speak to me this day. Guide me and direct me. And if you want me to wait--I will faithfully wait. It's about your plans and your time. ---Amen

No comments: